Tuesday 9 October 2012

Introduction

Hello and Welcome!

Hello, and welcome to my brand new blog on all things vegan!

My name is Callum, and I've been a vegan for around 9 months, after being vegetarian for 7 years before that. Although it hasn't always been 100% smooth, I have loved the transition to a vegan lifestyle. I've learned so much about what it means to be a vegan, and how to do it properly without missing anything from my diet.

There are lots of reasons why I've finally decided to lose my blogging virginity and write this.

The first is to document some of the food I cook and eat, and to share the recipes for them. I would also like to talk about any restaurants I go to, and how good they are at looking after vegans. The plan is to upload loads of pictures of lovely vegan food, accompanied by easy-to-follow recipes (if it's something I made myself!).

Secondly, I really want to blow the stereotype that vegans live off boiled vegetables! Nothing wrong with boiled vegetables, of course, but I love food, and I like my food to be exciting, tasty and full of flavour! There's no reason for me to lose that just because I decided to be a vegan!

Finally, I hope that this blog will encourage you to consider veganism if you haven't already. The last thing I want this blog to be is preachy, but I will occasionally mention animal rights issues - after all, that's why I decided to go vegan! My advice is to non-vegans is to approach veganism with an open mind - I ask nothing more than that. The more I found out about veganism and what it means, the more I can't believe I didn't make the change years ago. Out of all the alternatives, it makes the most sense to me, and I'm sure it would make sense to a lot of people if they are shown that it is ultimately about caring, both for animals and mother nature (that's true for me anyway!).

Comments and questions on anything I write here are very welcome!

So, I hope that you enjoy the things I write here, that you find them interesting and fun, and that you take something good away from it.

Watch this space for the first food post later today!

No comments:

Post a Comment